Your help is requested in updating green construction personnel standards that are critical to the industry in the US and Canada. This request is in partial compliance with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 credentialing that require Green Advantage to regularly update the standards for its Green Advantage Certified Practitioner Certification (GACP), Green Advantage Certified Associate (GACA), and Green Advantage Certified Curtainwall Installer credentials (GAC|CI). Click here for further details about GACP and GACA and click here for further details about GAC|CI.
Green Advantage is requesting information that can assist with updating the standards associated with one or more of these credentials:
1) Any written inputs (research, pertinent articles, written guidelines, etc.) you might email to us related to improving the standards.
We are interested in:
- Identifying state-of-the-art means, methods, materials, and best practices about which green builders should have demonstrated competencies
- identifying and promoting health and safety practices that impact green builders and curtainwall installers
- improving disaster resistance/prevention/resilience in construction
- ensuring building security and ballistic protection in buildings
- preventing delayed project delivery and cost overruns
- reducing insurance and financial claims from building performance failures
2) Job descriptions of green construction and or curtainwall installer personnel you are willing to share.
Please send your response to CES@greenadvantage.org, with “Updates to GACP, GACA and GAC|CI” in the subject line.