OverviewGreen Advantage is pleased to offer its new Curtainwall Installer certification! The Green Advantage Certified Curtainwall Installer (GAC|CI) is a trade-specific certification for construction personnel who install curtainwalls that is ANSI accredited in recognition of its compliance with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 requirements. Open to both union and non-union personnel from the U.S. and Canada, the GAC|CI includes both written and performance testing that verifies workers’ knowledge, skills, and abilities related to curtainwall installation. Foundational to this credential are green building methods, materials, and best practices. This green foundation is assured through the requisite of Green Builder Certification – either the GACA or GACP. Curtainwall Installer certification exam topics include worker health & safety, installations for disaster resistance, and high performance, cost effective project delivery. The result is a certification that is based upon demonstrated capacity to deliver superior quality curtainwall installation that minimizes the likelihood of deficiencies, defects, or failures.
Why Get Certified?
Let building and design decision makers know that you have the skills and knowledge to:
- Perform superior curtainwall installation
- Meet – and exceed – construction sustainability goals
- Compete in the world market
How to Get Certified?
Just follow these 5 steps.
- Understand the Certification Description below
- Review our policies
- Create a login account and register for the appropriate exams
- Download prep resource materials and study
- Take the exams
GAC|CI™ Certification Description
|Certification is ideal for:||
|Credential awarded:||Green Advantage Certified Curtainwall Installer™|
|Fee:||The fee for each written exam and Study Guide is $175:
Or, for best value, take a combined $175 two-part written exam – GACA or GACP and CI with Study Guides.
|GAC|CI™ duration:||5 years|
|Credential helps your team qualify for:||Bidding preferences or requirements on participating projects.|
Register for individual exam
- From the Green Advantage website, click on Register. If you have a GA account, log in and complete the registration process. If you do not have a GA account, create one by clicking on Register and then click on Create New Account (upper right of the screen).
- Select the version of the exam you wish to take along with the testing site, date, and time.
- GACA, GACP, and GAC|CI written exams are available as independent electronic exams administered at hundreds of exam centers in the U.S. and Canada ($175 each).
- The combined GACA or GACP exam and CI written exam is only available in a paper/pencil version, administered in a group ($175/combined exam, see information below about group exam).
- CI Performance Exam is administered at approved assessment sites in the U.S. and Canada ($800 each).
- Read the Registration Agreement and click to acknowledge that you have read and understand it.
- Checkout by paying for your exam. You can pay with a credit card or, if your employer or host has sent you a voucher code, enter your voucher code.
Register for group exam
An employer, training organization, union, or other host may arrange for a group exam. This involves a different registration process than the one listed above. If you are part of such a group, you will receive special registration instructions from your exam host. If you have questions about this process, ask your exam host, or contact email@example.com.
Green Advantage offers free resources to help you prepare for your certification exam – and pass!
- GAC|CI Study Guide (provided to you with exam registration)
- GAC|CI Certification Handbook
- GAC|CI Exam™ Overview
- Tips for Preparing to Take an Exam
- Tips for Exam Day
Green Advantage recommends, but does not require, exam candidates to attend exam preparation training.
The GA Certified Curtainwall Installer™ certification is valid for 5 years. So be sure to keep track of your certification expiration, and don’t forget to get recertified.