Green Advantage offers 2 green builder certifications.
Getting certified is easy! Just follow these 5 simple steps.
- Choose the certification that is right for you
- Review our policies
- Create a login account and register for the exam
- Download prep resource materials and study
- Take the exam
To register to become certified, click here.
To register to recertify, click here.
Choose the green builder certification that’s right for you.
|Green Advantage Certified Associate® Exam (GACA® Exam)||Green Advantage Certified Practitioner® Exam|
|Exam is for:||Workers across trades, regardless of green building rating system, standard, or code utilized on the job. ||Supervisors across trades, regardless of green building rating system, standard, or code utilized on the job.|
|Exam focuses on:||How to ensure successful green building projects and reduce risks associated with green building||How to ensure successful green building projects and reduce risks associated with green building, emphasizing supervisory perspective.|
|To pass you must:||Understand the application of green building methods, materials, and 300+ green building best practices including building performance, worker & occupant health & safety, crew collaboration, and costs||Understand the application of green building methods, materials, and 800+ green building best practices. The exam emphasizes meeting and exceeding green project goals related to building performance, worker and occupant health and safety, crew collaboration, and costs|
|Exam length/format:||1-½ hour test time/60 multiple choice questions||1-½ hour test time/60 multiple choice questions|
|Credential awarded:||Green Advantage Certified Associate® ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 Accredited (valid for 5 years)||Green Advantage Certified Practitioner® ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 Accredited (valid for 5 years)|
This fee is reimbursable for eligible
veterans and eligible coast guard service members. Click here for more information about veteran reimbursement and click here to learn more about Coast Guard reimbursement. See the fee schedule for student discounts.
This fee is reimbursable for eligible veterans and eligible coast guard service members. Click here for more information about veteran reimbursement and click here to learn more about Coast Guard reimbursement. See the fee schedule for student discounts.
- From the Green Advantage website, if you have a GA account, log in and complete then Register. If you do not have a GA account, create one by clicking on New User and then Register.
- Select the computerized version of the exam you wish to take.
- Read and electronically sign the registration agreement.
- Checkout by paying for your exam. You can pay with a credit card or, if your employer or host has sent you a voucher code, enter your voucher code.
- Schedule your exam. Once you complete step #4 above, you will receive an email scheduler that will enable you to arrange a date/time to take your exam through remote proctoring.
An employer, training organization, or other host may arrange for a group exam. This involves a different registration process than the one listed above. If you are part of such a group, you will receive special registration instructions from your exam host. If you have questions about this process, ask your exam host, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Advantage offers free resources to help you prepare for your certification exam – and pass!
- Study Guides (included with exam registration)
- GACA/GACP Certification Handbook
- GACA Exam Overview
- GACP Exam Overview
- Tips for Preparing to Take an Exam
- Tips for Exam Day
- List of Exam Prep Trainers
Green Advantage recommends, but does not require, exam candidates to attend exam preparation training.
The GA Certified Practitioner and the GA Certified Associate™ certifications are valid for 5 years. So be sure to keep track of your certification expiration, and don’t forget to get recertified.