The table below compares the Green Advantage PCRA/ICRA Certificate Program with the other major National Healthcare Construction Credential available in the marketplace.
|Features||Green Advantage||Other Credential|
|Type of Credential||Certificate Program||Certification|
|Target Audience||Workers across professions and trades who perform construction and/or maintenance activity in healthcare facilities.||General contractors, supervisors, and project leaders who lead healthcare construction projects.|
|Prerequisites||Minimum Age: 18 years||1. Baccalaureate degree or higher + 5 years construction experience*|
2. Associate degree + 7 years of associated construction experience*
3. High school diploma or equivalent + 10 years of associated construction experience*
* 5 years of which must have been working on healthcare construction projects, 3 years of management/supervisory/administrative experience, and work experience on healthcare construction projects within the last three (3) years.
* Construction/project management, estimating, planning, marketing, project superintendent or foreman, architect/engineer design, or design and construction position within a healthcare organization.
|Training||Required: 12 hours authorized asynchronous training||Optional: 8 hours authorized synchronous training|
90 minutes, proctored online
paper/pencil offered for groups of 10 or more
|115 Items, 120 Minutes Computer Administration: At one of over 200 testing centers or Special Administration: Laptop or Paper/Pencil at select meetings or conferences or|
Outside of U.S. upon request
|Term of Validity||5 years||3 years|
|Ethics Requirement||None||Professional Standards of Conduct Agreement|
|Training Cost||Training & Exam package: $500 Bulk purchase rate for package: $450||Member: $445 | Nonmember: $545|
|Exam Cost||Training & Exam package: $500 Bulk purchase rate for package: $450||Member: $400 | Nonmember: $570|
|Exam Retake Cost||$50||Member: $400 | Nonmember: $570|
|Renewal||Take updated training and exam||1. Successful re-examination no more than 1 year prior to the expiration of the Certification (usual fees and provisions for testing) or|
2. Completion of 45 contact hours of eligible continuing professional education over the 3-year period and payment of the renewal fee.